We are the girls of Ohio. This is a blog dedicated to our friendship and our latest homemaking discoveries. We hope you enjoy!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chicken Artichoke Casserole
















4 tablespoons butter
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (7.5-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained*
1 pkg fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup half & half
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary*
1 pkg favorite noodles
*I recently found frozen artichoke hearts at Trader Joe's that are awesome, and just as cheap as the canned ones!!! Also, I don't put rosemary in mine because I don't like the taste of it, but the recipe calls for it.

Cook chicken breasts in simmering water over low heat for about 30 minutes or until cooked through (I have also cooked chicken in frying pan on stove, it works just as well.) Cut chicken into cubes. Place cubed chicken, artichoke hearts and mushrooms (I only use half the package of mushrooms) in a greased 8x8-inch pan. Lightly salt; set aside.

When chicken is almost done cooking start the sauce. In saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until well blended. Add half & half and chicken broth and stir constantly over medium heat until thickened. Stir in salt, pepper, Parmesan and rosemary (if you like rosemary!) Pour over chicken and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve over noodles.

Makes 4 servings.

*The recipe actually says to cook the chicken in the chicken broth and reserve 3/4 cup broth from that to use with the sauce, but the little chicken floaties gross me out, so I use separate chicken broth. It does make it a little quicker because you don't have to do separate broth, but it's totally your choice :)

2 comments:

The Gardner's said...

Okay, I am really excited about this. I LOVE artichokes! Thanks

Jessica said...

Yummy this looks so good, I am going to have to try this one out!!