We are the girls of Ohio. This is a blog dedicated to our friendship and our latest homemaking discoveries. We hope you enjoy!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Brownies 101 + Chocolate Plastic


Brownies 101-
Okay, I'm sure most of you already know how to make amazing brownies, but it has taken me awhile to figure out. I don't know why I have never thought of it before, but I have had problems in the past with getting my brownies to cook evenly (usually they are crunchy on the outer edge and gooey in the middle). The trick my friends is parchment paper. I lined my pan with parchment paper and trimmed the edges (you do not want parchment hanging over the edge of your pan). After it had had cooled I carefully lifted the brownies out, and voila, they were cooked evenly.


This is a recipe that I use when I want to mold chocolate into shapes (like the flower in the picture) to add a little extra flare to your dessert tray:
Chocolate Plastic-
  • 2/3 cup lt. corn syrup
  • 16 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

* For a variation, using white or milk chocolate reduce corn syrup to 1/2 cup

In a saucepan over medium heat stir the corn syrup and chocolate together, continue stirring until they are mixed thoroughly. Line jelly roll pan with plastic wrap and spread the mixture 1/3" thick. Let cool completely (I usually make this recipe and store in the fridge a few days before). When ready to mold, let the chocolate mixture stand at room temperature for several hours, knead and roll out about 1/8" - 1/4"thick. Cut into desired shapes.

3 comments:

gottadealaustralia said...

i love brownies so much....but i prefer the crunchy on the outside gooey on the inside type though..:)



bargains
discounts

Fashion Share said...

Sac Hermes
Sac Pas Cher
Sac Louis Vuitton
Sac Hermes Pas Cher
Sac Louis Vuitton
Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher
Sac Hermes Birkin
Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher
Sac Pas Cher
Sac Hermes Kelly
sac à main pas cher
Boutique Hermes
Sac Pas Cher Marque

mjshdiif said...

uldn't say anything."I put that cigarette out of her mouth and down. Still on the ground gave out:" then you smoke!" I looked at her reproachfully." I'm such people may teach a child what the West decide?" HeChristian louboutin saler sad look at me," I must do the paternity test, I am not a child, I am not your uncle's child, I will not. I am twenty-eight years old West decide, I want to do another mother -- but I don't

mp wait up throughout the Las vegas. To see the sun, for all his glory, buried by the coming night. In Las Vegas, but also the beautiful dusk. Countless colorful neon is dusk, is ready to welcome the night to prepare.There are many people dream of paradise, but also the achievements of many people hide any hell.The world, originally is money and rights of paradise. Just in this city drama more bar

ondary meaning. The decision also refleChristian Louboutin Women's Mary Janescts that trademark law has been contextual. Though people can cite the various single color trademarks, including brown for UPS trucks and Tiffany's blue product packaging, fashion presents a position where courts should consider the depletion theory.The Second Circuit should provide a narrow protection for Louboutin. He did not exert significant effort in at

e unpleasant past, first and daughter made a good initiative, and now headed to take the initiative from the heart to comfort at the same time, I hope there can be a little old man he put down some of those truths.Christian Louboutin Women's Pumps"Go see the doctor shop."Shenzi An see at the moment a woman is in addition to their rest, he also christian louboutin clearance some inconvenience to stay here, after all, women chat to